Saturday, October 22, 2011

HOME NETWORK AND ROUTER: Issue #1


YOUR (or NO) NETWORK is AVAILABLE to CONNECT TO: When you try to connect to your network there are no networks listed in your network list. The network list page is blank! This occurs when your network signal switch has been turned off. If you have a laptop, the switch can be located on its keyboard, or on one of its sides, or on a function key (mine is on Function Key 2-F2) and it often has a signal frequency symbol on it similar to the one pictured to your left. It is very easy to accidentally turn the switch off. Locate your switch key and press it to turn it back on and your network list will reappear.

NOTE: You can also contact me with any of your computer related questions via my cnet.com profile at this link: www.cnet.com/profile/pamjparr/, then just click on: E-mail Pamela j.







Your Reactions:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pamela,for your assistance. I spent hours trying to figure this out, I thought I'd fried something...lol. I'm not too computer savvy, but after reading your blog, I found my signal switch and pressed it back on and my network list reappeared. I'm connected to my network again.

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment earlier today. Forgot to mention that because I couldn't connect to my network when my network list disappeared on me I couldn't go online to try to find the answer either! I used a friend's computer and found your blog and you helped solve my problem in seconds by stating that I needed to turn my network signal switch back on.

I don't like calling my internet provider too often about problems because it can take many calls to get an answer out of them and I didn't know what to ask them because I had no idea what the problem was! Thanks again, Pamela.